Popup Media Box
The JCE editor has a built in popup gallery. that allows you to insert a video or image and display it in a popup window.
Before you begin, calculate your photo or graphic's size for the popup. In your formatting software, open the file, change the size to 800pixels (if this is the size you are using) keeping the restrain proportions button selected, then look to see what the height is. Now you have the correct size of your file.
- To create, place the graphic or photo you want to use on the page.
- Then select it again and click on the link icon, this will give you the link popup window.
- Click on the Browse button and find the image that you want to display in the popup (the image you placed and linked, or another image). For example... You want to display a poster, so you place the image at a thumbnail size, then link it to the same image but display it larger in a popup box.
4. Choose the popup tab and enter the information required depending on your intended use.
5. Choose JCE MediaBox Popup for the popup type.
6. You may want a title and caption within the popup. enter them here.
7. Groups let you browse through several images in the same popup window. If you have several images in this page and they are all linked to display in a popup, you might consider grouping them so that once you click on one of the images you can see all of them within the same popup window. To group the images, type in the name of the group. Then apply this group name to each of the images that you want included in this popup.
8. Select if you want to have a Popup Icon display to let users know that this is a popup link.
9. Change the dimensions to the dimensions you want to display your image. You can always go down in size from your original image, but you can't go larger since it will display the image pixelated. Your image is now linked to a popup window with a larger version of your image. Note: Your popup should never be larger than 800 pixels wide or 700 pixels high. Anything larger is too large for smaller laptops and mobile devices.
10. Select if you want this popup to pop up automatically when you open this page.
11. Hide the Popup Link... useful when creating image galleries launched from a single link.
12. Choose the Media Type: image, video, etc. If you leave this blank, the popup window will not work.
13. Click Update and test.